[Zope-CMF] 'portal_metadata' tool in CVS

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Sun, 06 May 2001 12:51:17 -0400

> From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@novacoxmail.com>
>> One thing occured to me.  That is, it might be nice to have a different (or
>> concatenated) vocabulary based on ROLE.  In other words, in the above
>> example, to allow only Managers the choice of 'former cia' and 'diatribe'.
>
> We'd have to write software for that (e.g., extend or replace the
> CMFDefault.MetadataToolMetadataTool class).

Another way occurred to me, is to make another type with portal_types, and
restrict the access.  But then I ran into a problem.

I did this:  Made a FTI type, called 'ManagerDocument' based on 'CMFDefault
Document', and left everything the same, except in 'security' I unchecked
'inherit' on 'access contents information' and checked only 'manager',
'owner', 'reviewer'.  Then, when logged in as just a Member, I get an
Unauthorized error.  There's a line in folder_factories, <dtml-in
allowedContentTypes>,   it looks like in PortalFolder.py, in that method,
perhaps there has to be some kind of access checking, so that method doesn't
try to access types without 'access contents information' available to that
object?  I'm a little lost...