[Zope-CMF] Scriptable Type Information ignores new metatype?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 06 May 2001 22:08:50 -0400

Bill Anderson wrote:

> Yes, me again. ;^)=
>
> So, having successfully created not one, but two, customized versions of
> default CMF objects, i have now found an issue.
>
> When I create an STI objetc, I get to select a new metatype for the new
> object. Problem is, CMF doesn't seem to pay attention to it.
>
> if I use Document as the base type, and set the new type as
> "MyDocument", is is added and referenced as Document. This means i
> cannot then seacrh for MyDocumenr in the search tool, and Topic will not
> be able to use MyDocument as a meta_type to search for.
>
> Am I missing someting here? This seems to me to be a really, really,
> really cool and quick way for CMF admins to create items that are just
> slightly different versions of the default ones, and do it TTW. yet we
> then tell them, that they cannot then differentiate the new metatype in
> anyway elsewhere in the CMF.

The trick here is that, to Zope, the 'meta_type' of your shiny
new MyDocument objects *is* 'Document';  you will need to search
portal_catalog on the Dublin Core 'Type' field to find them:

  <dtml-in expr="portal_catalog.searchResults( Type='MyDocument' )">