[Zope-CMF] Bug detected?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 06 May 2001 22:18:52 -0400

Bill Anderson wrote:

> OK, it isn't a big nasty one ,,, well nasty yes.
>
> I created a custom news Item (via STI), when i reached the Title field,
> i entered  a title, and for some put a smiley at the end (title was
> "IGNORE! :)".
>
> it was a test of the new type, so ... then When i hit change & edit, i
> got a big ugly traceback, that said: UnMatched Parenteses.

If you'll note the traceback, this is a bug in UnTextIndex;  I can't even
see why the Title index is being used in that query (the only field in
the query spec for 'CMFDefault.DefaultWorkflow' is 'review_state').

> now, IMO, that indicated something wring somewhere. Why should I be
> getting that on the value of a property?? For thoroughness I tried
> titles with closed parenthesis such as (test). Worked fine.
> I imagine it may not be common that a title has an 'unmatched'
> parenthesis, but it trips my trigger about why it even matters.
>
> Should not Zope/ZMF not give arats behind about what the title string
> is?

Please report this to the collector as a Catalog bug:

  http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector