[Zope-CMF] permissions got munged

alan runyan runyaga@thisbox.com
Tue, 8 May 2001 01:46:18 -0500

sigh...

ok.  I just spun my wheels awhile.  for some reason (?) I installed the CMF
and users could no longer register.  I had installed a newer version of CMF
from CVS.  and ran into this problem, so I backed out of it (uninstalled,
restarted) then installed 1.0 from cmf.zope.org -- but still couldnt
register a user.

look in the permissions, and....
if I give anonymous users ability to 'Add portal member'

everything begins to magically work.  this is not the right solution, of
course, whats happening is there is proxy role somewhere that lost
permissions.

what should I manually do to get CMF working properly?  before I installed
CMF CVS I had upgraded to the newest Zope2.3 (using 2.x-2.3 linux binaries)

very strange,
~runyaga