[Zope-CMF] Creating a new Workflow

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Wed, 09 May 2001 12:23:32 -0400

Jeff wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to create my own Workflow, I am a newbie running fast
> trying to get up to speed ;-}.
>
> Is the following method headed in the right direction:
> Create a new Product directory
> Put a copy of DefaultWorkflow.py in the new directory
> Rename and modify it:
>   Change all references to 'DefaultWorkflowDefinition' and
> 'default_workflow' to my new names
>   Do NOT change the meta_type
>   Make required code changes....
> Create a __init__.py file
>  HELP - I am not sure exactly what to put in it!

It sounds like you're on the right track.  Just "import MyWorkflow".
Your workflow module will probably register a workflow class like this:

from Products.CMFCore.WorkflowTool import addWorkflowClass
addWorkflowClass(DCWorkflowDefinition)

That will make it addable from the management interface.

Shane