[Zope-CMF] How to restrict published content?

Rolander, Dan Dan.Rolander@marriott.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 08:20:55 -0400

Hi,

I'd like to have content that only certain users will have access to. That
is, I want anonymous users and regular members to be able to access most
content objects on the site, but not all of them. Certain content objects I
would like to have in a restricted published state, so that some users could
access (i.e. read) them but not others. How do I do this?

I've tried creating a portal folder and restricting the permissions to just
managers, but anonymous users and members can still query and access content
objects placed in the folder.

What am I doing wrong?

Another question-- Is it possible to create custom roles without having to
create them in the CMF parent container? My CMF site is in the Zope root
folder, and the only way I've been able to create a new role that will show
up in the CMF acl_users folder is to create a user defined role at the root
level. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Dan