[Zope-CMF] Login/logout information

Ben Riga briga@borland.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 19:31:34 -0700

Tres,

  I finally got around to this but have not been able to figure out the
right way to do this.

I tried to customize the setAuthCookie script as follows but then I can no
longer log in to CMF:

  resp.setCookie( cookie_name, cookie_value, path='/', expires="Never")

Did I miss something?

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Tres Seaver
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 12:17 PM
To: Ben Riga
Cc: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope-CMF] Login/logout information

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Ben Riga wrote:

> You would need to tweak / override
> 'CMFCore.CookieCrumbler.CookieCrumbler.setAuthCookie' such that
> it appends 'expires="Never"' to the call to 'resp.setCookie'
> (line 153).
> <<<<
>
> I tried making this one change and it really messed up the
> login cookie.  CMF started getting really confused about
> whether I was logged in or not.  I'm backing the change out.
>
> Having looked at the CookieCrumbler code a little closer, it
> looks like this setting is used at least a few other places.
> I'll study the code and then try to make the change.

I just checked in a change to CookieCrumbler, plus two new
FSPythonMethods, to allow a CMF Site manager to override the
default cookie construction by customizing the methods in the
skins tool:

  http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/CookieCrumbler.py.diff?r1=1.2&r2=1.3

  http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFDefault/skins/control/expireAuthCookie.py

  http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFDefault/skins/control/setAuthCookie.py