[Zope-CMF] Improvement of CMFTopic?

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 16:49:17 -0400

> You can't do this currently on a per-query basis.  Remember (or
> note) that CMF Topic is just a static query builder, and is reliant
> solely on the queries that can be passed to Catalog.  And, for

I guess, it doesn't make sense to make CMFTopic more elaborate, instead of
just passing the queries along, to actually building more elaborate queries
inside the tool?

> In Zope 2.4, catalogs will have a new feature known as *drop-in
> indexes*.  This is to facilitate the creation of new index types,
> and allow more configuration options on a per-index basis.  I've
> been told that one of these configuration options will be the
> ability to set whether results from a Keyword index should be AND
> or OR'd.

or NOT'd ??

> Drop in indexes should allow us to make CMF Topic an actual index
> in the future, which will make it very fast at read time.  This
> feature is still a few revisions away.

I think with that ability, CMFTopic could be a 'site tree' like Yahoo's
categories...  you could just have one CMFTopic at the root, and define
subtopics...