[Zope-CMF] CMF-Topic, need help or I start weeping

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 07:45:16 -0400

> Robert Rottermann wrote:
>
> Hi there,
> For a coupple of days now I try to use topics.
> Up to know only to my utter frustration. (which of course comes
> from my incompetece)

I don't think so -- it looks like a real problem to me.

> Here is what I have done.
>
> 1. When I use Zope 2.3.2 final, binary edition windows 2000
>     and CMF-1.0 everything works fine.
>
> 2. As soon as I use the version I download from CVS I get a traceback.

OK, just to be sure:  you mean that you are using the head of the CMF
CVS tree, right?

>     The traceback happens when accessing the ZMI.
>     The traceback happens when Zope tries to access the topics skins
>
>     Here is part of the traceback
>
>  Products\PythonScripts\PythonScript.py", linee 283, in _makeFunction
>     raise "Python Script Error", ('<pre>%s</pre>' %
>
>     Python Script Error: <pre>  File "<string>", line 2
>     context.addCriteria(field=field, criteria_type=criteria_type)
>                                                                                       ^
>  SyntaxError: invalid syntax

That makes no sense, as syntax errors go.  If you are running
from CMF CVS checkout, try deleting (or renaming) the file
(CMFTopic\skins\topic\topic_addCriterion.py) and then 'cvs up'
your checkout;  CVS will replace the file with a new copy.

>  The file zope tries to access is
>  CMFTopic\skins\topic\topic_addCriterion.py
>
> Zope dies in Products.Pythonscripts.   Do I have to get a newer
> than the one installed by zope 2.3.2 final.
> Or do I have to install a newer Zope?

2.3.2 final should be fine.  Please let us know if getting a
fresh copy of the file helps.