[Zope-CMF] Sneak preview - workflow

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 10:05:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Chris Withers wrote:

> Shane Hathaway wrote:
> >
> > seb bacon wrote:
> > >
> > > Come on now, it's not fair to play games with everyone.
> > > It looks amazing, it's 'fully operational' - hand over the code ;-)
> >
> > Some have pondered keeping the source closed and selling it.  I can
> > understand that thought--this is a new direction for Zope and DC.
>
> Huh?! I thought Brian M wasn't going to change anything?!?

Goodness, Brian has nothing to do with this.  Please don't jump to
conclusions.  Remember that ZEO was closed for a long time.

Since the inception of the idea of web-configurable workflow months ago,
we chose to keep our options open as to whether it should be open sourced
or not.  The only thing this should imply is that the concept is valuable
enough to consider a different marketing model.  The current thinking is
that we'll get the most value by open sourcing it.

Shane