[Zope-CMF] annoyed by 'overview' in portal_skins?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:59:35 +0100

* marc lindahl <marc@bowery.com> [010525 07:33]:
> Don't get me wrong, the overview is (well, will be once there's some more
> text in there) great to get you started in 'what is this tool about' mode...
> but every time you click on the cookie crumbler trail to go back to the
> portal_skins root, to have to click on 'content' to get the folder list is a
> royal pain!  I've lost 1mm on my index finger this week :)  So I propose
> (since I don't know any better, probably should be done with a cookie), the
> SkinsTool.py could be change to put the overview tab last in the list:
>
>     manage_options = modifiedOptions() + ( { 'label' : 'Overview', 'action'
> : 'manage_overview' }
>                      ,
>                      )
>

> It would be even better if a cookie could remember which tab you were on for
> the next time you come back to it, initially starting on overview....
> Thoughts anyone?

Well, I've been thinking the exact same things, and it gets my vote.
The cookie would be great but I think it's the kind of thing that's
never at the top of anyone's to do list, unfortunately...

seb