[Zope-CMF] What's the CMF way to override a method

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 28 May 2001 16:43:11 +0100

> I don't like the way CMFDefault.File.download works. So, I want to
override
> it with my own method in a simple way that will not be undone by upgrading
> to future releases of CMF.

What happens if you put a method called 'download' in one of your skin
layers?

Er... okay, that didn't work. Hmmm... what does the 'id' field on the
Actions tab of Factory Type Information object relate to?

> I know I can create a new factory type derived
> from File, but that seems like overkill. I looks like I could somehow use
> the /Portal/portal_types/File Action tab, but I haven't succeeded.

I think the problem here is that the download action actually has no name
:-S
This, IIUC, is because you want a downloaded file to have the correct name,
so the download action can't have a name. The unfortunately side effect of
this is that as soon as you put anything in the 'Action' box for Download,
you get downloadded files with the wrong name :-S

Hmmm.....

Chris

PS: IS it just me, or would the Contents tab be a much better default tab
for the tools, rather than the Overview tab?