[Zope-CMF] What's the CMF way to override a method

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 28 May 2001 19:43:16 +0100

* Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [010528 17:32]:
> > I don't like the way CMFDefault.File.download works. So, I want to
> override
> > it with my own method in a simple way that will not be undone by upgrading
> > to future releases of CMF.

from the source of File.py, in case you hadn't seen it:

        This method is deprecated, use the URL of this object itself. Because
        the default view of a File object is to download, rather than view,
        this method is obsolete. Also note that certain browsers do not deal
        well with a Content-Disposition header.

> Er... okay, that didn't work. Hmmm... what does the 'id' field on the
> Actions tab of Factory Type Information object relate to?

It's for i18n - the id can stay the same while you can change the
title, and you can also change the method itself.  Always seems a bit
like one two many levels of indirection to me, though.

not really answering loren's questions, but thought i'd chip in
anyway...

seb