[Zope-CMF] Refining the disposition of published-document revisions

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 14:55:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> > ..and your post was cut off in its prime:
> >
> > >   parts.  The addition of being able to assign document revisions to
> > >   symbolic version
>
> I fixed that in a copy i put in my member folder in the CMF -
> unfortunately the Zope site is down at the moment (ethan's working on
> solving that), so i can't point you at it exactly (i have a flaky memory,
> don't recall what i called the document - you can find it in
> http://cmf.zope.org/Members/klm - whoops, i may have not published it,
> will do asap).

http://cmf.zope.org/rqmts/proposals/publishing_refinements

I elaborated a bit about "historical revisions".  I've also chatted with
jim, briefly, during which he pointed out a few compelling reasons that
using historical versions is painful, so i mentioned them in my proposal,
and added a few other options.  One of those is along the lines that shane
was suggesting.

One lesson here is that it's valuable for these proposals to concentrate
on "what", identifying clearly what needs to be done (and why), and
leaving the "how" for implementation.  I think both shane and i moved too
quickly to mixing in how in our proposals (casual or not), muddying the
waters.

Ken
klm@digicool.com