[Zope-CMF] Refining the disposition of published-documentrevisions

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 05:26:54 -0400

seb bacon wrote:
> If I understand you correctly, I believe this is what Shane was
> proposing.  The important point here is that a document 'knows' what
> its default version is.  Should this follow a simple policy (e.g. The
> most recent version accessible to the user) or should it be
> web-configurable (e.g. the most recent version accessible unless
> you're a Manager, in which case you see the most recent non-public
> version)?

Actually, as far as I was thinking of it, I don't think there needs to
be more than two revisions:  a public revision, and a current revision.
When the current revision is public, these are the same.  When the
current revision has been modified, they are different.  The document
knows that it should always show the public version unless its being
edited.

- C