[Zope-CMF] Testing a CMF site with PyUnit

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 14:42:28 +0000

Tres,

I'm hoping you've got a take on this one...

Harry Wilkinson wrote:

> I am trying to use PyUnit to write tests for a CMF site.  Of course, to do
> that I need to import Zope so I can do Zopeish things with it.  I'm told by
> the all-knowing ChrisW that messing around with sys.path to get it to import
> is considered a bad idea and I'm not really sure what the alternative is.

I remember seeing stuff on the zope-coders list about tests that import sys.path
being and futzing with it being 'bad'. However, if you do:

python /whereever/testrunner.py -d mytestsdir

..you can't import Zope 'cos the it's living in /wherever/your_zope_base

So, what's the 'good' way of doing this now? Is testrunner still the offical
Zope framework to be using?

cheers,

Chris