[Zope-CMF] custom CMF Content Type (FAQ Content Type)

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:04:40 -0800

Jan,

What I did was take *really* small steps.  For example, I copied the
newsitem.py item, and just changed the name of the product.  Then I =
changed
the view and edit forms.  Then I changed what properties were =
collected, and
updated the forms to see that.  Every time I made sure that I could see =
the
product in the list when clicking on the 'New' button within the CMF.  =
That
way I can figure out what does what.

Other resources that I used:

CMFBoringProduct - very useful to me to see how to setup the product =
within
the CMF, once the python was written, as well as what entries to make =
in
__init__.py, and how to handle security.

Something a little more complex that may help is the calendar product =
that
ships with the CMF (I think).

-Scott