[Zope-CMF] Anyone interested in getActionsFor for portal_workflow?

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:13:13 -0700

So why not write a minimalist ActionsTool replacement for your
app?  I do this all the time (more than I probably should).

In any case, look at the ActionsTool interface in
CMFCore/interfaces/portal_actions.py.  You could probably write an
actions tool that did *nothing* for the 'xxxActionProvider'
methods, and write 'listFilteredActionsFor(object)' to communicate
only with the workflow tool.  Such a class would be very small.

In my opinion, it's better to stay within the interfaces and
interactions defined by the CMF than to do a one-off patch around
them.