[Zope-CMF] HTMLDoc & CMF

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:45:22 -0500

larry_prikockis@NatureServe.org wrote:

> I'd like to allow CMF users to add HTMLDocuments (using the existing product
> of the same name) using the CMF "Folder Contents" interface.  In other
> words, what's involved in creating a CMF Content Type based on the
> HTMLDocument product?
> It seems that a simple variation on the existing CMF Document type should do
> the trick, but I could use a nudge in the right direction.

Looking at that product, its goals seem almost identical to

the Document class in CMFDefault:

   - No DTML execution

   - Strip everything outside the <body> tags off

   - Capture metdata from the <head> section

The only feature which it has which CMFDefault.Document doesn't
is that it has a tab which call-outs to HTMLTidy (where present)
to test / fix conformance with the HTML spec.

If this feature is not essential, then I think you can just use
CMFDefault.Document, perhaps modifying the skin to suppress the
option of using StructuredText.  If the "tidy" feature *is*
important, perhaps you could simply migrate that code to an
ExternalMethod, and register it as a new action for Document.