[Zope-CMF] CMF Newbie In Need Of Clues

Daniel Rigal (AePONA) daniel.rigal@etl.ericsson.se
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:43:52 +0100

Hi everybody,

	I am new to this list, and to CMF, and I need
pointing in the right direction.

	Please forgive me if these questions are dumb or
frequently asked. I did look at the FAQ and skim the list
archive. I have read:
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/beehive/ZWACKChap5.html which
was very helpful in covering skins. It was less helpful
when it comes to very basic editing of the content.

1. I am confused about sub-pages. Here is what I think I
   have worked out:

   i.	The page content for a folder is a document called
	index_html.
   ii.	If there is no index_html in the folder it gets it
	from the skin instead.
   iii. For the front page I should NOT have an index_html
	as the one in the skin provides for the news box.
   iv.	For sub-pages I need to have an index_html otherwise
	they all display exactly the same content as the
	front page (description of front page plus news box).

   Is this right? Am I meant to make an index_html for every
   sub-page (overriding the one in the skin) or is there are
   a another way of adding content to sub-pages?

   I am frightened that I may be fundamentally missing the
   point on this. Is there any newbie documentation in this
   area?

2. Sometimes when I am in the Zope management interface I
   get unhandled exception errors and I have to restart
   Zope. Perhaps I broke something when I was messing
   around. Should I try a clean reinstall of Zope and CMF?
   I am using Zope 2.4.1 and CMF 1.1.

Daniel.
--
Daniel Rigal MSc.
Infrastructure Support            Aepona (England) Ltd