[Zope-CMF] Get list of published items that user has access to

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:56:01 -0400

davelehman@loewen.com wrote:

> This is working great, except that it doesn't seem to be honoring the
> "effective date" specified in the metadata. I assumed the document
> wouldn't show up in the catalog until the effective date, but looks like
> that isn't the case.
>
> eg. I create a new document and set the effective date to tomorrow. I
> publish it and it shows up immediately in the searchResults.
>
> Is there an extra filter I can add to the search to have it honor
> effective_dates?

Can you please verify that this is true only if you are logged in as

a manager or reviewer?  Non-privileged users should only see content
which is within its effective range.

You can also explicitly add it to your query:

   <dtml-in expr="portal_catalog( ....
                                , effective=ZopeTime()
                                , effective_usage="range:min"
                                )">