[Zope-CMF] Calling portal_catalog.indexObject from Zope ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:51:32 +0100 (CET)

Gitte Wange writes:
 > We have a customer that have 1 main portal and a number of sub portals
 > for each project they are running. Right now we are manually making a
 > copy of a "default" CMF Site for them each time they want a new project.
 > Instead I wanted to give them the possibility to do this themselves and
 > therefor I have created a portal_admin page that lists the sites they
 > have now and a little form they will fill out with info for the new sub
 > portal they want to create.
 > But the only way I can find and list these sub portals is through
 > portal_catalog.
 > Unless anyone have a better idea? :-)
Instead of "portal_catalog", you can use "ZopeFind" to locate the
CMF Subsites. "ZopeFind" will be slower, as it traverses the subtree
to find the objects, but this may not be a problem for your task.

Alternatively, you can call the "indexObject" from an External Method.

Dieter