[Zope-CMF] Anyone working on a Zope/CMF Petshop?

Michael McLay mclay@nist.gov
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:09:49 -0400

Linux Today referenced a comparison between .NET and J2EE implementations of
a Petshop.  Sun did an implementation of the Petshop as an example of how to
use J2EE. Microsoft reimplemented Sun's example to show how .NET could do the
work in fewer lines of code.  Sun required 14,273 LOC and Microsoft required
4,410.  Microsoft compare the results of their experiment, including
performance benchmarks at http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/compare/petshop.asp

Here's the Linux Today story with some comments
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-10-29-005-20-NW-CY-DP

I was reminded of Jim Fulton's description of the Zope 3.0 architecture when
I read the description of  the Petshop example.  It is described in detail in
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/blueprints/sample_application/index.html