[Zope-CMF] ZVMF vs. MSCMS

Thomas Olsen tol@tanghus.dk
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 10:53:18 +0200

On Friday 31 August 2001 20:23, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Thomas Olsen writes:
>  > I think the undo mechanism is great but it's not quite the same.
> It's the "History" tab which does precisely this.

Oops - dont think I ever really looked at that tab...

>  > 17) UNICODE Support
> Core Zope does not yet provide significant Unicode support.
> But Toby did a lot of work in this direction.
> What probably need to be packaged, though....

Maybe we can be so lucky that it'll be incorporated in 2.5? ZC?

>  > 23) Template and Resource Galleries
>  > check: Portal tools
> No. I think Zope/CMF is still a bit weak about this.
>
> They mean:
>
>   You have a collection of Resources (Icons, Images, Templates,
>   Template components). You need to find what is helpful
>   for the current task.
>   You make a search to find that out.
>   For many resource types a picture is most adequate to precheck
>   whether it is potentially adequate for the task.
>   Thus your hits are presented in a thumbnail gallery.
>
>   Quite helpful....

Ok that does sound like a nice gimmick.

>  > 24) Dynamic Site MapSite map and navigation are generated automatically
>  > as pages are published to the site.
>  > guess this would be a 15 min. job...
>
> Really? How would you do that?

Either some kind of catalog search on public objects or customizing the
publishing scripts to maintain a sitemap when the objects are published.
Norber Marrale says he has done something to achieve this.

>  > 25) Site Deployment Manager
>  > Allows site administrators to easily move content and Web sites between
>  > servers.
>  >
>  > check: import/export
>
> But this is not really easy...
>
> To make it easy you need to automate the "import/export" and
> moving files around servers and you want that supported
> with an easy GUI....

How would you automate the import/export?

--
Regards
	Thomas Olsen