[Zope-CMF] ZVMF vs. MSCMS

Thomas Olsen tol@tanghus.dk
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:09:42 +0200

On Saturday 01 September 2001 18:47, Joachim Werner wrote:
> > 1) In-Context Authoring Templates
> > check. but the "richly formatted" is still in the works I guess
>
> With IEMethods and the like this is not a problem ...

IEMethods?

> > 3) Revision Tracking and Page Archiving
> > I think the undo mechanism is great but it's not quite the same.
> But the HISTORY is ...

Yes Dieter pointed that out too :-)

> > 4) Flexible Workflow
> > Multiple levels of approval ensure that content is always reviewed and
> > approved before it goes live on the Web site.
> >
> > check
>
> Yes. The CMF can probably be very flexible with the new DC workflow.
>
> > 5) Content Scheduling
> > Using automated scheduling tools, users can schedule content publication
> > and archival times.
> >
> > check
>
> Though there are no ready-to-use tools in Zope for that ...

Setting the publication and expiration time is pretty ready-to-use?

> > 18) Language-Specific Content Targeting
> Nothing official from ZC, but with ZBabel and Localizer (both a bit
> immature but powerful) you can do great multi-language sites

It would be great to have this in standard Zope packages.

> > 20) Quick Installation
> > Content Management Server installs easily through simple installation
>
> wizards.
>
> > well - I prefer tar balls :-)
>
> And on Windows we have a super-simple setup.exe program ...

Yihaa GUI ;-) I heard someone requested a more automated way to install
Products etc. Wouldn't it be possible to extend the setup program to also
update an existing installation with new Products?

> > 21) Sample Templates and Web Sites
> > Sample templates, Web sites, and customization code are all included in
> > the box.
> >
> > check
>
> But more samples couldn't hurt ...

You're right about that

> > 23) Template and Resource Galleries
> > check: Portal tools
>
> Is that really what MS is talking about?

Guess I was a bit too fast here ;-)

> > 26) Windows Active Directory Services (ADS)
> ADS = LDAP = supported by Zope ...

Great

--
Regards