[Zope-CMF] Can i build cmfsite with frames???

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:42:34 +0100

> Dhanu wrote:
>
> Hai friends,
> I would like to know whether any one has built a cmfsite using frames.Can
any
> one enlighten me on the issues i could face ,if i go for frames.

Can you give more details of what you want to do?

The generic problem with frames is that it makes it impossible to bookmark a
page (though I seem to remember there are workrounds), so "Add to
Favorites"/"My Favorites" would be tricky.

You'd have to think carefully about which frame you put your action_box in.
If it's not in the main content/body frame you'll have some extra coding to
do! For example if you have a "Header-Frame" and the actions_box is in
there, you'll need to tell it what is being shown in the "Body-Frame" when
the user clicks on "Folder Contents", "Edit", etc.

But as the ZMI uses frames, maybe you could just steal code from there?

HTH

Cheers, Jon