[Zope-CMF] Dumb ZClass question

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:20:25 +0100

I followed the "Building FAQ with Zclasses" tutorial, but changed it a bit
:-)

I just wanted Documents with a few extra properties - such as "org_id", to
show which organisation an object belongs to. All went well, but I can't
figure out how to get the "org_id" property to be automatically Cataloged. I
added "org_id" to a propertysheet, and it adds and displays OK when I create
objects.

I used CMFDefault:Document as a baseclass on its own, and with PortalContent
and CatalogAware as well ...and I added "org_id" as both a FieldIndex and as
Metadata in the PortalCatalog.

But when I add my new objects, "org_id" isn't getting cataloged :-(

I'm sure there's a simple answer I'm missing, and I've RTFM'd lots, but
can't find it. Can anyone help?

Cheers, Jon