[Zope-CMF] Call DTML or Python from STX?

davelehman@loewen.com davelehman@loewen.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:46:30 -0500

I think this is a patently silly question, but I thought i'd ask anyhow...

Is there any way to call a DTML-method or Python script from an STX
document?

Specifically, I have my new "content manager" all up to speed on STX, and
he's merrily adding STX documents, etc. to our new CMF site. This works
great, as he can also add images to the content.

He would like to be able to add a video to some page. I know he could add
HTML to the page with the <EMBED> tags, etc. But it would be much easier
(for him) if he could just call a python script with a couple of parameters
and have it return the properly configured html.

Just wondering...

--dave