[Zope-CMF] Customizing the document edit behaviour

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:35:47 -0400

kamon,

make sure your factory type information points to your special form as the
edit form by putting "howto_edit_form" as the "Initial view name".

then delete one of the two separate edit actions, either "edit" or
"metadata". the remaining edit action should point to "howto_edit_form" as
its action.

define a python script that acts as the target for the form on your
howto_edit_form. this python script has to call both the "editMetadata"
and the "edit" methods on your howto object. look in the skins tool at
content/metadata_edit and document_edit for what you need to do.

jens