[Zope-CMF] Questions on authentication ...

Lynn Walton waltonl@franklin.edu
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:14:59 -0500

I'm setting up a site that for now I don't plan on being "portal-like"
for the public users but will only hae internal staff be portal members
for the ability to add/update content.

However, I would like the ability to require authorization for certain
content (maybe all content in a given folder)  to a segment of our
"public users" who will share one common username/password to access.  I
would like them to be prompted (preferably by web basic authentication
method like the ZMI does, rather than an html login form) to enter the
username/password for that content.  I don't want them to be logged in
like a portal member is logged in.   Is that possible?

Thanks,
Lynn