[Zope-CMF] standard_error_message must be DTML?!

Lynn Walton waltonl@franklin.edu
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 01:48:09 -0500

Thanks for explaining, Dieter. I appreciate your help.  However, I checked and I actually did
have  just request   not here/request and having the standard_error_message in a skin still seems
to not be allowed for some reason. But, after further playing around, I found out that it was
related to
error_message, error_type, etc  not being found.  Tried here/error_message etc and didn't help.
As long as I put a "safety" in like:
tal:replace="error_message | default" it will work and deliver my custom zpt
standard_error_message rather than resorting to HTTPResponse's site error. So I'm now satisfied
that you CAN have a zpt standard_error_message. (I did read where there was a bug prior to Zope
2.4.1 that prevented this but it works with 2.4.1)

I've got an email into the zpt list to ask Evan how you access the error_message from there?
Lynn