[Zope-CMF] Incompatibities between CMF and ZMC

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:35:13 -0700

> > However, I'm finding that there are a few incompatibilites. When joining
> > (and perhaps also when changing passwords, I'm not sure), CMF
> doesn't seem
> > to properly inherit methods from ZMC and so tries to do things
> its own way.
> > For example, a new user that joins with the CMF interface does
> not receive
> > his password by email, whereas, if he joins with the ZMC interface, he
> > correctly receives his password by email.
> >

> This in particular is due to the CMF's use of skins. It uses it's own
> methods for authorization, joining, and logging in, and those need to be
> replaced with the ones from ZMC (which is running at 1.0 now, btw). This
> is what I did, and it worked fine. I did this in the custom skin.

Do you mean you provided custom skins for:

/../portal_skins/control/change_password
/../portal_skins/control/logout
/../portal_skins/control/mail_password
/../portal_skins/control/personalize
/../portal_skins/control/register

Did I miss any?

Or did you do it with:

/../portal_skins/generic/actions_box

Would Karl Anderson's technique be even more general:

  http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-June/007635.html

(I ask because I really won't understand what he is saying until I delve
into it more.)

-- Thanks
-- Loren