[Zope-CMF] Sitecopy of Zope to Win32

Dave Lehman davelehman@loewen.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:22:33 -0500

I'm trying to set up Sitecopy to allow me to work "off-line" on my content,
and then upload the changes.

My remote site is at my ISP running Zope 2.4.0 under Linux. Locally, I have
Win2K on a laptop. I've installed Cygwin and complied the latest version of
sitecopy. I've created a ".sitecopyrc" file in my /home/Administator
directory of cygwin with the following settings:

site test1
  server www.website.com
  port 18022
  protocol webdav
  username grifter
  password ******
  remote /portal/
  local ~/

If I run "sitecopy --fetch test1" it says it completes successfully, but no
files are listed. If I then do a "sitecopy --synchronize test1" it fails
with the error:

sitecopy: Synchronizing site 'test1' (on www.website.com in /portal/)
sitecopy: Refusing to delete all local files with a synchronize operation.
sitecopy: Use --update to update the remote site.

I currently have none of my Zope files stored locally-- I would like to
first grab a copy of my entire site, and then proceed with
editing/uploading changes.

If I change my .sitecopyrc file to use FTP as the protocol, I get a little
further (ie. the --fetch operation lists a bunch of files). However, the
list returned by fetch has duplicates of each item:

File: calendar.dtml - size 4022
File: calendar.dtml - size 4022
File: asdfasdf - size 262
File: asdfasdf - size 262
Directory: topic1/
Directory: topic1/
sitecopy: Fetch completed successfully.

Then, when I run a --synch I get the following error:

$ sitecopy --synch test1
sitecopy: Synchronizing site `test1' (on www.mysouthland.com in
/portal/dave/)
Creating topic1/: failed:
File exists
sitecopy: Errors occurred while synchronizing the local site.

So it seems to be failing when trying to recreate a directory that already
exists. Can anyone offer some help? Is what i'm trying to do not possible?

TIA,
Dave