[Zope-CMF] CMF vs ZOPE OFS?

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:48:25 -0400

 > someone added a Portal File to a Portal Folder via the ZOPE Mgmt
interface.
 > This way of adding objects to ZOPE/CMF doesnt work as expected.  I think
 > because there is some Type metadata that wasnt added to the Portal File
when
 > I created it through the ZOPE Mgmt Screen.

creating a CMF object through the CMF invokes more than just the factory
method belonging to the product. that's why adding CMF content through the
ZMI, which in itself only knows the factory method from the product, is
not a good idea. one important step that is missed is, like you found out,
  the setting of the correct portal type.

it can't acquire this piece because the data for this type is found by
retrieving the correct type information object from the types tool in the
portal and then using it in a call to _setPortalType.

jens