[Zope-CMF] CMF & OpenFlow integration

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 08:54:43 -0500

Wolfgang Klinger (mokka) wrote:

> has somebody used OpenFlow in the CMF?
> are there any documents or other helpful hints for
> OpenFlow integration?

OpenFlow is based on an "activity-based" workflow model;  CMF's
workflows are "entity-based".  Resolving the gap was one of the
goals of the "workflow sprint" in which I participated last month
in Saarbruecken:

   <http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Workflow>

The main goal of the sprint was to identify the workflow architecture
for Zope3, in a way which accomodates both models.

For the CMF in the immediate term: it should be possible to use OpenFlow
in conjunction with the CMF workflows, but not *as* a CMF workflow.
Based on what I leared at the sprint, it may be possible at some
point to integrate the two more directly.

 > (btw is there a searchable archive of the Zope-CMF mailinglist
 > anywhere available??)

The pipermail archives are at:

   <http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf>

 From there, you can download the entire MBox, as well.

ActiveState maintains a more searchable archive, but I don't recall
the URL.