[Zope-CMF] RE: CMF 1.2 and ZPT

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:08:07 -0800

On Wednesday, April 3, 2002, at 01:40  AM, zope-cmf-
request@zope.org wrote:

> Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 23:38:38 -0500
> From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@zope.com>
> To: Norm DeLisle <ndelisle@msn.com>
> CC: zope-cmf@zope.org
> Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] RE: CMF 1.2 and ZPT
>
> Norm DeLisle wrote:
>> I found that the self-correcting process can be avoided by making the
>> changes in a customized version of the main_template.
>>

>> "I've just installed CMF 1.2 running in the Zope 2.4.3 environment
>> with the intent of moving from dtml to zpt.
>>
>> I'm experiencing what to me is strange behavior in the zmi.
>>
>> As with dtml, I started to edit the page templates supplied in the
>> portal skins folder by selecting say index_html from zpt_generic,
>> making some edits, and reviewing them in the custom skins folder.
>>
>> Upon review I find the changes are not in the new version. I can
>> change templates outside of zope with a text editor and upload
>> those.. when they are created as new page template objects.
>>
>> Anyone have insight into this behavior. I'd hate to be forced into
>> always working outside of zope for even minor changes."
>
> It sounds as though you are making changes in the area "between"
> the METAL slots, which are then being stepped up by macro expansion.
> If your ZPT starts off with 'use-macro',
> then you mustn't expect your edits to take effect except within
> block tags delimited with 'fill-slot', e.g.::

>    <h1> This tag will go away! </h1>

> Tres.--

I did see the behavior you described initially when working with
ZPT in the zmi, though this is not the problem I was seeing.

 From within the zmi, I selected the main_template page from
zpt_generic, and began to edit it - places it in
portal_skins/custom folder for editing. I noticed that edits to the
macros were not being saved though.

I edited the same page with a text editor and following upload, the
changes were taken.

All of this cleared up once I moved to Zope 2.5.0 with CMF 1.2.

Of course it was late at night and....

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z