[Zope-CMF] Latest Stable Version

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:53:21 -0600

> I am about to lock into one particular version of CMF so I can get some
> development done.  Is it the consensus of the group that the CVS version
> as it exists today is significantly better and more stable than the 1.2
release,
> or is the converse true?

CVS works nicely for me.

> Much as I like the feature set of Plone, I'm a bit wary based upon a
couple of
> comments on the list suggesting perfomrance problems.  And I had problems
with
> the version I installed.  What's the consensus about Plone's performance
and
> stability.  And what version?

feature set is almost frozen, we are nailing down bugs from here on out.
performance problems, for now use SQUID if your site is goign to be mostly
static content.
I *suspect* you can rip out lots of macros in plone and make it go faster.
Plone appears to be
stable (the Topic navigator slot, I've heard rumblings about, but that could
have been older version)

I would get the latest verison, 0.9.9.almost, available from
http://plone.org/download

~runyaga