[Zope-CMF] Fieldindex searches very slow when anonymous.

Arnar Lundesgaard arnar.lundesgaard@creuna.no
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 00:35:49 +0200

Hi, we have a very difficult problem that we are hoping somebody could =
help us with.

We are currently fighting an extremely frustrating ZCatalog =
(portal_catalog) problem.
This is on a three week old ZOPE cvs checkout, and our system is based =
on CMF.

We have a fieldindex that indexes something like 20 000+ objects with =
unique values.
When an anonymous (or not authenticated) user performs a query or search =
like the one
below, we get awful performance. (almost 30 sec.)

  portal_catalog(tm_serial=3Dsomevalue) # repeated for about 50 =
iterations

When the same search is performed by an authenticated user we get =
responsetimes of
around one second!! This is totally baffling to us, and we cannot =
understand why it
happens. Unfortunately, we are very close to launch so we don't have =
much time
debugging it.=20

Is there something we have forgotten, some premise that we have =
overlooked.
Sorry if this doesn't make more sense as I am *very* tired from hunting =
for=20
this bug right now. :-)

  Greetings,
    Arnar Lundesgaard