[Zope-CMF] Types, meta_type, content_meta_type, etc...

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:56:03 +0100

Florent Guillaume wrote:

> >   Finally, on this subject, I don't see why Type is catalogged, where
> >   Metatype would be the correct one...
>
> Forget that, I was confusing two things. Type is catalogged through
> DublinCore and it's normal to have there the human readable information.

The Type the DublinCore stuff uses is the same as that used by Type() everywhere
else. It is, in effect, the content type as far as CMF is concerned.

> The Metatype I was really thinking about was not meta_type but the one
> in TypeInformation, that is, the content_meta_type.

That is merely the meta type of the python class used to create the python
object. As Jeff already explained, there are plenty of cases where two content
types will have the same metatype.

> (But the skin news_box does a catalog search on Type=..., which is IMHO
> a bit dubious.)

What should it search on?

cheers,

Chris