[Zope-CMF] ZClass Errors?

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:23:30 -0700

Is this the behavior described in the ISSUES.txt file..

  Issue:  Content constructor methods interface change

If so.. Are there examples of the python script work around for the
DTML Factory methods? Are these simply cut and paste? I haven't
seen this once come across the list so I apologize if this has been
covered previously.

Also, what's the long term 'fix' proposed for this?

Thanks,

~C

On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 08:03  PM, Carl Rendell wrote:

> This is interesting,
>
> Just started to work with ZClass based products in Zope 2.5.0/CMF
> 1.2, and after following the same process used with Zope 2.4.3/CMF
> 1.1, got this traceback when trying to create the first item.
> Anyone have ideas?
>
> Just to be clear, I created a standard installation of 2.5.0 and
> CMF 1.2 with no additional products what so ever. Clean install,
> and everything else seems to work perfectly.
>
> The ZClass is based on CMFDefault News Item
>

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File /Applications/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 150, in publish_module
>   File /Applications/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 114, in publish
>   File /Applications/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 158,
> in zpublisher_exception_hook
>     (Object: dev)
>   File /Applications/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 98, in publish
>   File /Applications/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
> 88, in mapply
>     (Object: invokeFactory)
>   File /Applications/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 39, in call_object
>     (Object: invokeFactory)
>   File
> /Applications/Zope/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/PortalFolder.py,
> line 335, in invokeFactory
>     (Object: dev)
>   File
> /Applications/Zope/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/TypesTool.py, line
> 701, in constructContent
>     (Object: portal_types)
>   File
> /Applications/Zope/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/TypesTool.py, line
> 430, in constructInstance
>     (Object: News Item)
>   File /Applications/Zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line
> 215, in _getOb
>     (Object: dev)
> AttributeError: (see above)
>
> ~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z