[Zope-CMF] DBMS back-end for CMF?

Tim Lavoie timl@qunara.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:13:03 -0500

Hi there,

I've been using Zope for a while, but am quite new to CMF. We're
hoping to make some use of it for a client, but would like to keep
quite a bit of their data in a PostgreSQL database.

I have an exUserFolder set to use the database for authentication, and
can sign up within CMF to create a new entry there. However, what I'd
like to do is to have CMF properties for a member stored there as
well. While CMF would probably do fine in its normal usage, we want to
be able to use other back-end tools to process client data later, so
would prefer to have it outside of ZODB for the most part.

Is this a reasonable thing for CMF?

   Thanks,
   Tim