[Zope-CMF] patchkit and CMF - subtle side-effect with _verifyObjectPaste

Joseph Wayne Norton norton@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:12:10 +0900

Adrian -

I think you might want to mention in patchkit's documentation about a
potential conflict with CMF.  I had globally disabled the viewing of
"CMFCore Content" in the ZMI add products pulldown for cosmetic
purposes.

However, this caused a subtle side-effect that took awhile to track
down.  The _verifyObjectPaste method for CMF portal folders (at least)
uses this list to verify if rename, paste, etc. operations are allowed
or not.  I was able to add/delete portal folders but could not copy,
paste or rename.  I re-enabled the viewing of "CMFCore Content" in the
ZMI to fix this problem.

regards,

- j