[Zope-CMF] Help: New install of CMF and lots of problems customizing index_html

John D. Heintz jheintz@pobox.com
24 Apr 2002 14:47:48 -0500

Hi all!

I have just logged a bug in the tracker, but was hoping that someone on
the list could help we figure this out.

The short of my config is Linux 2.4, Zope 2.5.0, and CMF from CVS.

The behavior I'm getting is a bunch of dead-ends from every direction I
know of to change the front page of my new portal.

I am trying to:
1) add local_html to Portal Folder and getting:
"'local_html' body goes here." in the center and left side.
This appears to be coming from the index_html.pt but I can't figure out
why.

If I browse to /Portal/local_html I see the dtml output without the
standard header and footer.

2) customize portal_skins/generic/index_html.dtml to
custom/index_html.dtml and getting a KeyError.

3) Modify index_html.dtml file on filesystem to force some changes and
restart Zope. Modified beginning to include some extra <h1> tags like:
<dtml-var standard_html_header>

<dtml-if expr="'local_html' in objectIds()">
<!-- localattr -->
<h1>Use local_html!!!!!</h1>
<dtml-var local_html>
<dtml-else>

<h2><h1>Use built-in index_html!!!</h1> <dtml-var title_or_id></h2>

I didn't see any of the headings in the generated html, but the new
content is visible after restart by using ZMI to look at
/Portal/portal_skins/generic/index_html

The details can be found in the Tracker at:
http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/504

Thanks for any help,
John Heintz