[Zope-CMF] Metadata Implementation Change in CMF 1.3b?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
26 Apr 2002 11:33:40 -0400

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 19:58, Carl Rendell wrote:
> Not sure if this is a bug, or a change in implementation for the
> CMF meta data since 1.1?
>
> I have a product - PortalCatalogFolder - which simply creates
> folders that are automatically cataloged. Generally this has been
> used as a base class for the creation of ZClasses.
>
> The product resides at:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/crendell/PortalCatalogFolder
>
> The symptom I'm seeing with the product now is an error is raised
> when trying to edit metadata, but the condition is passed as
> failIfLocked as part of the portal_status_message.
>
> I appears that the implementation of metadata_edit.py is different
> after CMF 1.1. I'm not sure what the locking problem might be.
>
> If anyone could point me in the right direction, or if you have
> time review the product for possible changes that might address
> this issue.. I'd greatly appreciate it.

PortalContent has a method, 'failIfLocked', which handles the
possibility that a WebDAV client may have placed a lock on a content
object.  If this isn't meaningful for you (likely not, for a folder),
then you can just add a NOOP implementation to your PortalCatalogFolder
class::

    def failIfLocked( self ):  return 0  # WebDAV locking not possible