[Zope-CMF] Workflow issue? - or how to customize

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
29 Apr 2002 13:24:23 -0400

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 13:00, Mark Gibson wrote:
> I'd like to create a portal for a group of naive users.  I'd like to
> make the creation of objects as simple as possible.  The 'Defaullt' CMF
> takes a user through metadata edit form, and then to the object edit
> form.  I'd like to skip the whole metadata edit form alltogether.  \
>
> How would it be best to accomplish this?  Should I look into creating a
> custom workflow?  Or simply change the 'initial view name' in the portal
> tool?

Changing the type object property is the simplest route.  Note that you
may have a hard time ever collecting the metadata from your users if you
don't ask for it "up front";  perhaps you want to customize the edit
forms for your content to allow entry the subset of metadata you care
about?

> I'm also thinking about creating a unique ID for new content, instead of
> having the user enter an id.  What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Customize 'folder_factories', and auto-generate the ID as a hidden form
field.