[Zope-CMF] error on renaming a custom content type

Aaron Payne aaron@aaronpayne.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:25:55 -0500

Hi Florent,

On Friday, August 2, 2002, at 10:25  PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> Aaron Payne  <aaron@aaronpayne.com> wrote:
>> I've written a custom content type Biography for my cmf site based on
>> the event type in CMFCalendar.  The new type is subclassed
>> OFS.Image.Image, PortalContent, DefaultDublinCoreImpl (in that order.)
>>
>> I can add, edit, delete or view an instance of the custom type with no
>> problem.
>> Once I rename the instance, I lose the ability to perform any of these
>> actions.

> Hmm, yes, Image is actually deriving from Item_w__name__. The problem is
> that Item_w__name__ has:
>
>     def _setId(self, id):
>         self.__name__=id
>
> One way to fix your problem would be to subclass, in that order, from:
>     OFS.CopySupport.CopySource
>     OFS.Image.Image
>     PortalContent
>     DefaultDublinCoreImpl
> because CopySource will expose the correct _setId.

This helped a bit.  I can now rename the objects but there is still a
problem.  When iterating through the object actions for this content
type, the old id is still used in creating  the link to the action
form.  I am using a plain cmf site for these tests.

thanks,
Aaron

> BTW can someone enlighten us on the purpose of Item_w__name__ wrt Item?
>
> Florent
> --
> Florent Guillaume, Nuxeo (Paris, France)
> +33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg@nuxeo.com

Aaron Payne
Silicon Prairie Ventures, Inc.
web: http://www.spvi.com