[Zope-CMF] Doing searches in CMF-site with Opera

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 11:15:17 -0700

On Friday, August 2, 2002, at 08:27  PM, zope-cmf-request@zope.org
wrote:

> Message: 11
> Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Doing searches in CMF-site with Opera
> From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@zope.com>
> To: Heimo Laukkanen <huima@fountainpark.org>
> Cc: zope-cmf@zope.org
> Date: 02 Aug 2002 16:30:46 -0400
>
> On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 15:01, Heimo Laukkanen wrote:
>> Tres Seaver wrote:
>>
>>> The "dogbowl" site (cmf.zope.org) was down this morning;  are you
>>> sure
>>> that the collector was as well (collector.zope.org)?
>>
>> Yes, I sent email to webmaster@zope.org and Martijn Pieters replied
>> later, after collector was back up.
>
> Ah, OK, thanks.  I've just discovered that that Zope instance was
> running Python 2.1.1, which is a sufficent hypothesis to explain how it
> "softly and silently vanished away".
>
> Tres.

Tres.. I've seen a few messages of this sort, but nothing
definitive regarding the use of python 2.1, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, or 2.1.3.

So, are there going to be issues with Zope and/or CMF when using
anything other than python 2.1.3 for the build, and if so... is a
there a brief description of what those might be. I ask because one
of the Zope ISP's (hurrah) is currently only on python 2.1.

Thanks,

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z