[Zope-CMF] error on renaming a custom content type

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 23:30:25 +0200

Aaron Payne writes:
 > I've written a custom content type Biography for my cmf site based on
 > the event type in CMFCalendar.  The new type is subclassed
 > OFS.Image.Image, PortalContent, DefaultDublinCoreImpl (in that order.)
 >
 > I can add, edit, delete or view an instance of the custom type with no
 > problem.
 > Once I rename the instance, I lose the ability to perform any of these
 > actions.
How do you rename?

  Zope's normal renaming works (almost) by copying and then deleting the
  original. Copying uses serialization/deserialization.
  It has reasons why it is that involved...

Dieter