[Zope-CMF] Extensible Metadata

Noa Harvey noa@adequat.net
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:51:05 +0200

I agree with this need, adding metadata is too clumsy nowdays.
The metadatatool doesnt provide enough services to make it worhtwile to
register metadata in it :(

I don't think changing Dublin core would be correct, I just think that
the metadata tool should provide automatic form generation, and services
for changing an object's metadata. Also, the possibility to have
epressions that are more complex then just lists of suggested values.

noa

ctmobile@gocept.com wrote:

 > Hi.
 >
 > I don't know how deep this issue has been discussed in the last time,
 > but I'm realising the first *real* CMF-based commercial solution here,
 > and have a real need for a modified set of meta data. I googled around
 > a bit, but didn't find anything useful, only a message between shane and
 > tres (i think it was tres ...), which is dated from summer 2001, about
 > implementing some extensible metadata framework for cmf 1.1. I think
 > this didn't happen, hmm?
 >
 > I now need to decide if i should hack the DublinCore (not my preference,
 > because updating will get hard ...) or seek to implement an extension
 > the metadata tool to actually do the real indirection thing.
If there > is
 > interest in a clean solution, (i need to be done in about 2-3 weeks)
please
 > mail me asap, I also am on #zope (my nick is Theuni). I am willing to
 > write the code and things, but I need some feedback about what the >
core cmf
 > ppl think ... and I also would like too see those major changes get into
 > the CMFCore too. I already concerned some things like backwards
compatibility
 > etc and think those things could work.

Thanks for listening, over and out

Christian Theune