[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFForum Installation

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:52:10 -0300

On Quarta 07 Agosto 2002 13:34, Jonah Bossewitch wrote:
| I was psyched to find out that you were working on skinning ZDiscussion for
| Plone!  It's just what we need for the message boards we are building.
|
| I am having some trouble getting setting it up right.  After running the
| install script (successful according to the messages) I can add a new forum
| type, but when I select try, this message appears in the console window:

<snip>

| Somehow, the Forum is still (mostly) successfully created, and I can view
| it and post to it from the folder contents tab.  When I try to publish it,
| I get an error (traceback below).
|
| Also, I can get to the forum from the folder contents view, but not from
| the navigation bar.
|
| Ultimately, we would love to be able to attach Forums to documents instead
| of the default Plone discussions.  Has anyone done this?
|
| I am currently developing on w32, python 2.1.3, Zope2.5.1, CMF 1.3, Plone
| 1.0a.

Unfortunately ive had no time on the last weeks to look at CMFForum and make
it work with latest plone. But one of the things that you pointed out is
interesting: you are trying to publish the Forum. The forum should not be
publishable (in my opinion) but Posts should be. Im taking note to remove the
workflow from the Forum type on installation, which i think should be the
right way to do it.

About using Forum to replace the discussions on Plone, we discussed a lot
about that and we agreed that this should be done very soon, but probably
after 1.0. This tuesday we will have the 3rd Plone Bug Day, come to the
irc.openprojects.net, channell #plone and throw your suggestions at us!

[]'s

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>